Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Spring Break!

I know all of you out there do not get to enjoy the magnificence and wonder that is Spring Break and I know you might be wondering to yourself what one does during this blessed time of the year. Well, I don't know about all of the other educators out there, but here is a list of all the things I plan to do this week:

clean out and organize my garage
sleep in
get caught up on my DVR
pet the cat
read a book that I chose
shop
dust my bookshelves
play an 84 song marathon on Rock Band
take my car to the shop
plant some flowers
buy or make another bookshelf for all the books I just bought
figure out why the garage door switch isn't working
cut off a dead branch from the tree in the front yard
go see a movie
get all the dead bugs out of the light fixtures
find some new chairs for my new table
take naps

There. Sounds thrilling doesn't it? I know, I lead an extremely exciting life. Please, don't be jealous. :)

8 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

That's quite a list. Good luck, especially with the naps part. :)

Alison said...

Yeah, I also have a list for Spring Break. Here are the highlights:

*Do taxes (check)
*Write thank you notes
*Clean out files and shred
*Clean out cabinets above my desk
*Clean my whole apartment--AKA Spring Cleaning
*Enter lesson plans into the computer system that I haven't in a while
*Finish a book and start another one.
*Play an 84 song marathon on Rock Band.
*And so on . . .

It's a thrill a minute, but I do love the sleeping in . . . big time! :)

Emily Anne said...

Umm, good luck getting all that done. I would get to the naps and shopping part and have no time for anything else. Have a lovely spring break!

Rhia Jean said...

Em, that just might be what ends up happening. :)

Matthew Ware said...

I love to-do lists. I'll even put really simple things that take five seconds like "fold blankets on couch" just so it looks like I'm accomplishing things.

Marisa said...

I love getting tons of stuff accomplished. Good luck and enjoy your time off!!

Erika said...

Too late for the warning--I'm already jealous!

Tamara said...

I'm with Erika.