Friday, February 6, 2009

Honey, You Are Dilluded

I'm talking about the crazy lady who decided that being a 33 year-old single mom with 6 kids wasn't quite cutting it when it came to her dream of being a mother. She denies she's being selfish. Really?

She said, "I know I'll be able to afford them when I'm done with my schooling." Oh, right. And what is she going to school for? To be a counselor. THAT makes a lot of money. And don't you worry, you'll have PLENTY of time to spend with your 14 kids, 8 of which have a high chance of having some sort of special need. If you wanted to finish your schooling, why couldn't you wait to have them until you were done?

The Today show reported that she holds each infant for 45 minutes each day. Let's see, 8 x 45= 360, and if you sleep 8 hours a day (which is about 4 times as much sleep as new mothers with one child get), that leaves a little over 10 hours left in the day...roughly. *insert sarcastic voice here* Yes, 45 minutes a day is more than enough time to hold your babies...once a day.

She said, "All I wanted was children. I wanted to be a mom. That's all I ever wanted in my life. I love my children." Hey, I'm not doubting that she loves her children. I just find it odd that in her response to accusations of selfishness, she declares what SHE wants...three times.

She said, "That was always a dream of mine, to have a large family, and I just longed for certain connections and attachments with another person that I really lacked, I believe, growing up." Who cares about how neglected those babies are going to feel growing up as long as YOU have the connections you feel you need.

And then, don't even get me started on this quote I came across today:

"I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." - Barack Obama

Heaven forbid your daughters will have to receive punishment if they make a mistake. And punished with a baby? Wouldn't you feel just great if you knew that you were your mother's punishment?

Grrrrr.......

9 comments:

Alison said...

Nice. Having children because YOU need to be loved. Awesome. People suck.

Matthew Ware said...

Well isn't that Obama's dream of a great society? A life without consequences? Have all the kids you want, we'll pay for it. Don't want the child, kill it.

And this woman irritates me. She now has 14 children with no husband. I'm not judging single parents because I know that must suck, but she did this on purpose! She got the invitro. She didn't even need to have an abortion, there was no sex involved.

And yeah, she says she's going to make $2 million on interviews and then do a Dr Phil type show for parents. Well, Dr Phil doesn't need a license, why not?

Yeah, this is all about selfishness. She's bringing 14 kids in the world so she can fulfill her goals and desires. This stopped being about the children a lont time ago.

Lori said...

You said it perfectly! I seriously believe that there were so so many wrongs in this situation. So sad. I really do feel sad for all those innocent babies. Did you know she got a sperm donor for all her babies? SO SAD!

Lori said...

And shame on the fertilitiy clinic and doctor who allowed this to happen in the first place!

Emily Anne said...

We all know she is not going to make any money and those kids will be taken away when she gets arrested for abuse or crack or prostitution or whatever. Then the kids will be wards of the state. I HATE stupid people. The clinic where she got her in-vitro fertilization should be shut down and the doctor should lose his/her license.

Anonymous said...

Geez. No kidding to the post and all the comments. There are some scary people inn the world

Tamara said...

I'm a little bit horrified that anyone for any reason would ever call a baby a punishment. That is just sad.

Amber said...

whoa... don't even get me started on this whole subject. especially since a) I delivered multiples shortly before she did and already have a few at home b) we used the same middle name for our multiples BEFORE she ever thought of doing it c) our twins were also in the nicu but seriously

WHAT ABOUT THE CONNECTION THAT ALL OF HER CHILDREN NEED TO HAVE WITH A FATHER!!!!! Never mind all the other parts of the story that make this horrible. I feel so sorry for those 14 children that don't have a father :(

Amber said...

and ... for sure don't get me started on Obama!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!