Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It Is What It Is...

So for the past week I haven't written anything not because I haven't had anything to write about, (because there has been plenty...Manny the Squirrel, Macaroni and Cheese from 2001, a backpack eating kindergartener, Shia Le BUFF, etc.) but I just haven't felt like writing it. I read two very short verse novels this weekend, and that's all I can think in...verse. That happens to me a lot. When I read something that has lots of voice, I tend to write like that. So here goes a page out of the Book of Rhia in verse:

Sometimes
I wish I could sleep
all
day
long.

Then maybe
I could manage
to convince myself
that getting up
in the morning
is a good thing.

Pathetic...

I know.

6 comments:

Erika said...

I'm giving you beatnik snaps...can you hear them? I was moved. Loved the voice in that one.

Matthew Ware said...

Harriet, Har-ri-et. Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis. Beautiful. Be-mu-sed. Belacose butcher. Un-trust-ing. Un-know-ing. Un-lov-ed?

He wants you back, he screamed into the night air like a fireman going to a window that has no fire. Except the passion of his heart

I am lonely. It's really hard. This poem sucks.

(If you know that reference, I'll give you a nickel :)

Alison said...

Have you been reading Out of the Dust?

I must say, compelling stuff, my friend. I also give you snaps. :)

Rhia Jean said...

Matthew: So I Married An Axe Murderer

Alison: No, I've been reading What My Mother Doesn't Know and the sequel, What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know. They aren't quite as innocent as Out of the Dust.

Tamara said...

Can I get a nap too? Because getting out of bed is getting harder and harder for me too. When are Elizabeth and I allowed to come crash?

Matthew Ware said...

I'll start polishing that nickel for you ;)

And I looked over our finances for the next two months and all the bills we'll have to pay, and we DEFINITELY are able to come to Dallas in December.