So I've been thinking these past few days about what my New Year's Resolutions are going to be. I usually don't make them because I figure if I decide to do something and I'm really serious about doing it, I'm not going to procrastinate by waiting for the new year, I'm going to do it right away. I mean, who really keeps their New Year's Resolutions anyway? Personally I think it was all thought up by personal trainers and gyms to get people to think they are fat and need to work out and join a gym knowing full well that they will stop coming by mid-February but they still have to pay through April. But I digress...so without further adeu, here are my 2009 goals!
1. Whenever I see someone I haven't seen in a while, I will not ask them how they are doing. Instead, I will pelt them with awkward and uncomfortable questions such as: "Have you been on any hot dates lately?" "How long has it been since your last date?" and then when they tell me that it has been a while, I'll ask them why and keep asking until they give me an answer that makes them feel stupid and makes me feel good.
2. I will schedule meetings at school and require everyone to be there. Then the day of the meeting I will cancel it and reschedule it for the next day and tell everyone if they have something else going on that day, they need to cancel it because it is mandatory that they be there. And then if I'm still not ready, I'll cancel the meeting that I rescheduled 1 hour before it begins.
3. I will watch Twilight over and over and over again until I love it.
4. I will go to random blogs and leave cryptic anonymous comments to various posts that will leave the author obsessing over who it was.
5. I will be nice to my alarm clock and wake up smiling and happy to be awake and to get ready for my day. In fact, I plan to train myself to not even need an alarm clock. The birds chirping and the sunshine is my alarm clock from now on.
6. For this year, my mantra will be "Things will be fine in '09!" and I promise to repeat it 2,009 times every morning.